Thursday, December 29, 2005

The Good Ole' Days

Last night, my friends and I back here in Buffalo all gathered together for what had to be our first group outing in years. I have some pictures to post, and although I don't have any on my camera from ice skating, I was the honorary Photog with Fred's camera, so most of the ice shots from his camera were taken by me. You can view some of those at http://tomservo0.blogspot.com

All in all the night was a blast. We went to Spot on Elmwood, where I managed to find Buffalo's one and only Co-Op. Yeah, thats right. Even here you can't keep me away from the organic hippie goodness of the Co-Op. Then we had dinner at the Saigon Bangkok restaurant. The Pad Thai was ok, but not as good as the Thai place on Franklin Ave. in Minneapolis. Dinner was highlighted by Joe's generous gifts of his debut album "Take it From Me." A review will follow shortly. . .

Following dinner we went skating at the Amherst Pepsi Center. The highlight here was watching Freddie Fun Bags make his way along the rink. Fred, you HAVE to post that video I took of you with the music in the background. Social Coordinator Capt. Joe then made the call to go to the Cold Stone Creamery (some fancy pants Ice Cream joint) for some post-skating refreshments. I'll admit, I was skeptical when I saw the huge line, but must admit there is nothing like the "Birthday Party Remix." I just feel so bad for the employees there, who have to sing every time you tip them. "Hey Gang, how 'bout a song?" Ice Cream was highlighted by the appearance of our old friend Brian and his wife Christina. They live in Cleveland now, I'm so jealous. . .

Since the creamery closed at 10 we then went back to Joe's basement for a few hours of fellowship and alcohol. This was highlighted by my dear brother woobie consuming three good sized glasses of Saki in all of 20 min. He's nuts. I then ended the night the only way I knew how, by putting "Roll The Highlight Reel" in my discman, and drifting off to sleep listening to the greatest calls of legendary Sabres play by play announcer Rick Jeanerette. "May Day, May Day, May Day. . ."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home