Tuesday, December 13, 2005

The Minnesota Christmas Trees

So, I am partially blogging now because I just finished a 2pg African history review for tomorrow, and don't feel like going on yet to finishing my Russian final composition. Therefore, blogging = procrastination.

As many of you know, I went to the Xcel Center in downtown St. Paul Sunday night to see the en fuego Buffalo Sabres against the Minnesota (not so) Wild. I didn't take my camera, so no pics. We'll get pics though when I go on my hockey marathon back in Buffalo later this month. . .

The game was great, Buffalo won 3-2! The thing I can't stand though is that Minnesota fans are so docile! There were 18,565 and they barely made any noise! Honestly, it was what I imagine curling spectators to be like. Of course, the only 20 fans that got into it were those who were sitting in our vicinity. Apparently our repeated chants of "Let's Go Buffalo" and my numerous comments about how the Wild uniforms make the players look like Xmas trees on skates did not go over so well.

But seriously, the Minnesota uniforms like like xmas trees. My suggestion is that the team completely embrace the tree motif and change their name to the Minnesota Trees. We can then have a once a year grudge match between the Trees and the Leafs. It would be great! Furthermore, we can raise Bob Ross from the dead (yay, Zombies!) and have him as the official team mascot. Why am I not in charge of public relations?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home