Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy New Years

C' Novim Godom! That is my poor attempt to write Happy New Years in Russian without Russian characters.

So, Last night was New Years, and I bet you are all just dying to know how I spent the night. Well, unfortunately I did not take my camera with me. I had a very intense, inner-debate with myself over whether or not to take my bad-ass Wool WWII field coat with me for the night. Ultimately I decided no, because only a total loser would wear that thing to a bar on New Years. So, it stayed at home. The corollary to that though is that since I had no big pockets, I decided to leave my camera at home. (I know this sounds wierd and disjointed, but believe me it all makes since in my head) The upside though is my friend Catherine did take her camera, and successfully documented the evening. Click the title to go to her blogity blog blog blog!

Anyways, as Catherine already said, I spent the evening with her and my good buddy Dave (known in some circles as the one and only Gazpacho). We started out the evening at TGIFridays, which was totally dead. So, after dinner we high tailed it to Allentown, and ended up at Frizzies 5 min. before midnight. I agree with Catherine. It was wierd walking in stone cold sober to see a bunch of drunk people ringing in the new year, but we ultimately had a good time. As you can see, I got a snazzy plastic top hat, which I proudly wore for the evening. I can also add that we had a blast pointing out the faux paxs of those around us. Although this may not mean much to people who read this: the negative side of cloning, that stupid AV Club in the corner (I don't know why, but that one dude still pisses me off), and Erin if you're in the bathroom, some dude is looking for you.

All in all it was a fun night. Although I never felt so tired at 3am like I did last night. Dude, I am seriously getting old. . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home