Monday, August 22, 2005


After Hamburg we took a train to Luebeck on Sat. morning.

Pretty much the entire Bahnhof.

The outside of the Bahnhof looked nice.

But behind the facade, they were remodeling everything. I have a theory that you can predict the character of a city based on its Bahnhof. In my eyes, Luebeck proved this theory yet again.

This is the Holsten Tor, arguably Luebeck's most famous attraction. Unfortunately it was under renovation.

It wasn't all bad though in that I ran into some more good friends of mine. This is Billy Jr. (aka Wilhelm II). He was the big cheese back in the day.

My buddy Bismarck also decided to come along from Hamburg. Both of these dudes get around.

A nice scene in Luebeck.

The other side of the river.

The central square in Luebeck. This is the Rathaus.

More shots of the Rathaus, with the church in the background.

More of the Luebeck Rathaus. . .

This is the devil, he went down to Luebeck one day, and started to help the local villagers build their church, thinking it would be a wine cellar. When the villagers told him it was to be a church, he picked up the cement piece he is sitting on and threatened to throw it into the church, knocking down all of the hard work. To stop him, the villagers told him if he didn't destroy the church, they would build a wine cellar under the Rathaus. The devil put down the beam, happy he would get a wine cellar after all. (This is the story on the plaque behind the devil.)

I quickly made friends with the devil. (The lighting sucks in this picture for some reason)

We became best buds.

More pictures of downtown Luebeck.

Another Church.

The Hafen in Luebeck.

One of the city gates.

I liked this picture. It was a courtyard at an apt. complex.

The Cathedral.

I ran inside here for shelter from the rain.

I think this is Heinrich II, but I'm not sure.

After Luebeck, Chris conceeded and went with me to Rostock on the way back to Berlin. I TOLD you all I would do it!!!!! Bwah ha ha ha ha!!!

We arrived just before an exhibition game between Hansa Rostock and Werder Bremen. These are Fussball Fans. They are loud obnoxious, and very entertaining from a distance. You just don't want to come in close contact with them.

This is Rostock's quaint little Bahnhof. Its actually very nice.

We met this dude along the way, but I can't remember who he was.

We only had 2 hrs. in Rostock, so we had to make it count. This is a picture from the Stadtzentrum.

More downtown.

The Hafen.

A ship in the hafen.

Me, exhausted on the way back from the water.

The Dom. I took it as we briskly made our way to the bahnhof.

Me, exhausted, on the Blitzschnellrostockerrundfahrt. :)

This is a self-portrait of me sightseeing.

Chris on the way back to the bahnhof. ||  Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home