Monday, May 22, 2006

Random Musings and Updates

As I sit here now writing up my reading list for my comparative prelim exam in modern African history (my comparative field), with the Tenacious D album playing in the background (Wonder Boy) I feel compelled to just post some random musings.

First off, I passed my general and sub area exams last week. I found out over the weekend. Just in case anyone was curious...

Second: The Carolina Hurricanes just cannot win this series. They should still be in Hartford, and any city south of DC should not have a hockey team.

Third: Wayne's World just isn't as funny as I remember it as a 10 year old. Yes, the Bohemian Rhapsody scene was still worth a laugh or two, but that movie just does not hold up to the test of time.

Fourth: I realized this afternoon I still need an oil change on my car. Therefore, in between the litany of stuff I need to do tomorrow, I need to find a place to change my oil (have no fears Fred, it will get done!)

Fifth: I think I am going to try to make time like I've never made before tomorrow as I attempt to make it back to Buffalo for the BBVD show at TATS. I think it can be done.

Sixth: Why does Sam Roberts have to play a show in Cleveland the weekend I'll be in Bethlehem, PA? Why won't he come to Minneapolis?

Seventh: I'm tired of work. I want to be done already.

Eighth: Speaking of which, I think it's time to go back to work.

4 Comments:

At 9:15 AM, Blogger Brian Emerson said...

Who's Sam Roberts? Should i be going to the show?

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger jeff said...

I'll handle this one...

Ummm, Yes, Brian... you should be going... and you should get the albums! Trust me.

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger Arminius said...

Yeah Brian. If you can, definitely go see them, and get the albums. They're both good, but I like We Were Born in a Flame better. I think they play a week from Saturday, and the tix run around $10.

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Arminius said...

This comming from the man who's actually made the argument that Britney Spears makes quality music...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home