Tuesday, January 10, 2006

The Epic Ice Hockey Tournament

Earlier tonight I engaged my brother in an epic ice hockey war on his nintendo. He won the first game, 4-3 (I was down early, but came storming back), and I defeated him in the second game 2-1. In the third game he mixed it up, moving away from his standard fat guy, middle guy, 2 skinny guy line up to play a middle guy, 3 skinny line. Needless to say this confused the heck out of me, and I looked like Drew Bledsoe trying to figure out a Bill Belicheck defense. In the 4th, epic game he played an all skinny line up versus my 3 skinny, 1 fat. The result: A scoreless three periods filled with blistering shots, and highlight reel saves. Ultimately we went to a shootout, where I fell 1-0. Epic it truly was.

Now I know some are thinking, its 3 am, and you have to leave at 10 to catch a flight back to MN. This is true, but to paraphrase the immortal Brody Bruce, "Sleep comes and goes Renee, but America, THE Commies. . . That comes along once, twice in a lifetime."

G'nite!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home