Saturday, February 18, 2006

Robert Randolph and the Family Band

http://www.robertrandolph.net

On Wednesday night I went to First Ave. to see Robert Randolph and the Family Band. This has to be the third time I've seen them I think, but this was the first time I really appreciated just how talented this band is. They played primarily a 3 hr. set of 15-20 min. jams, but they were consistently en fuego the entire evening, never once losing the audience. It takes one hell of a jam band to be able to play with that much intensity for that long. If they come around, I highly recommend checking them out.

If you're curious, click the link to go to their home page. At the bottom, you can listen to several songs from their two albums. My favorite is Ted's Jam. I've been listening to it almost nonstop for the past two days!

2 Comments:

At 9:41 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

You've really been using the term "en fuego" a lot lately. Have you been watching a lot of Craig Kilborne era Sportscenter?

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

DUDE, Ted's Jam IS AWESOME!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home