Friday, June 18, 2004

Dodgeball: The Movie

On the way home from school, I decided to stop by the movie theater and see the new Ben Stiller movie: Dodgeball. I had pretty low expectations for the film, but was pleasantly surprised in that it actually was pretty funny.

I thought the high point of the film was Jason Bateman's performance as Pepper Brooks, the color commentator for the ESPN 8 telecast of the dodgeball tourney. Bateman perfectly captures the role of the inane commentator that one all to often finds on professional sport broadcasts.

On a different note, I was disappointed by the audience's failure to pick up on a hilarious joke involving the German dodgeball team. I won't spoil it for anyone, but I thought it was very subtle, and well done.

I'll try to post some pics in a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home